2016 media highlights
- The New York Times, "Helping Women in Africa Avoid H.I.V." (editorial)
- The New York Times, "Vaginal Ring With Drug Lowers H.I.V. Rates in African Women"
- Science, "Drug-laced vaginal ring succeeds against HIV—sometimes"
- USA Today, "Study: Vaginal ring reduces HIV infection in women"
- Agence France-Presse, "Vaginal ring cuts HIV risk by nearly one-third"
- Mail & Guardian (South Africa), "ARV-infused vaginal ring significantly lowers HIV infections"
- SABC News (South Africa), "Vaginal ring offers HIV protection hope for women"
- The Star (South Africa), "Wear the ring" (editorial)
- Chronicle (Zimbabwe), "Make Vaginal Ring More Accessible to the Majority" (editorial)
- The Observer (Uganda), "Vaginal ring can prevent HIV - studies"
- The East African (Kenya), "Monthly vaginal ring with ARV drug could help prevent Aids infections"
- Manica Post (Nigeria), "Dapivirine vaginal ring protects women against HIV: Study"
- UN News Centre, "More investment needed in developing female-controlled HIV prevention options - UN agency"
- Humanosphere, "Vaginal ring is sort of effective at preventing HIV infection in women"
- Toronto Star, " A drug-laced vaginal ring lowers HIV infection rates in Africa"
- Australian Associated Press, "Anti-AIDS vaginal ring may protect women"
- Berlingske (Denmark), "Scientific breakthrough: Vaginal ring protects against HIV" (translated)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine (Germany), "Vaginal rings protect against HIV infection" (translated)
- SverigesRadio (Sweden), "Vaginal ring protects partially against HIV" (translated)
- New Statesman (United Kingdom), "Drug-infused vaginal ring shows promising signs in battle against HIV rates"
2016 multimedia highlights
Previous media highlights
- Devex, "With new hope on the horizon, now is the time to invest in women and HIV"
- Key Correspondents, "UNGA: 'Adolescent girls are the new face of HIV'"
- Global Health Technologies Coalition's Breakthroughs, "Advocacy and partnerships for HIV/AIDS prevention for women: A post from Durban, South Africa"
- Motherboard, "The Search for a Women's Condom Alternative That Could Prevent HIV"
- Key Correspondents, "Hope for women in the fight against HIV"
- Devex, "Make HIV prevention happen for young women"
- Devex, "Keeping women alive, healthy and uninfected"
- Scientific American, “New Microbicides Prevent HIV Infection in Women”
- Devex Impact, “Institutions lean on creative financing, partnerships to further disease research”
- GlobalPost, Op-ed by Dr. Zeda Rosenberg and Dr. Paul Stoffels, “Partnering to protect women from HIV”
- Global Health and Diplomacy, (pg. 84), “Partnering to Advance New HIV Prevention Tools for Women”
- Huffington Post Global Motherhood, Op-ed by Dr. Zeda Rosenberg, “Time to Bridge the Gap for Women's Health”
- USAID Impact, Op-ed by Dr. Zeda Rosenberg, “The Promise of MPTs: An Integrated Approach to Women’s Health”
- The Guardian, “New hope for women who need protection from HIV”
- SciDev.net, “Vaginal ring may help reduce HIV infections”
- Daily Nation (Kenya), Op-ed by Dr. Zeda Rosenberg and Elizabeth Mataka, “To curb AIDS, empower women”
- Chicago Defender, “A New Hope for Preventing the Spread of HIV”
Talk to experts in the field
IPM is pleased to provide leading experts in the field for interviews on a variety of topics relating to microbicide research and development, clinical trial activities and HIV prevention. Please get in touch with one of our media contacts listed at left for more information.