Join IPM at the UN High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS
Innovating for Women’s HIV Prevention
Hosted by the International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM), AVAC and the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD)
Thursday, June 9, 2016
Convene Conference Center
Greenough Hub Room
730 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10017
Are you attending the UN High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS? You’re invited! IPM, AVAC and ICAD are hosting a side event June 9 to highlight the essential role of innovation in accelerating and scaling up HIV prevention efforts for women and girls worldwide.
Promising new HIV prevention tools like a monthly vaginal ring and daily oral ARV pills, known as pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP, are at the forefront of prevention efforts for women, who bear a disproportionate burden of the epidemic. Panelists will discuss the importance of multiple HIV prevention strategies to meet women’s comprehensive needs throughout their lives, and share updates on the innovative research, products, programs and financing mechanisms needed to fast-track HIV prevention for women and girls.
The speakers include:
- Zeda Rosenberg, ScD, CEO, IPM
- Jacquelyne Alesi, Executive Director, Ugandan Network of Young People Living with HIV & AIDS (UNYPA)
- Robin Montgomery, Executive Director, ICAD
- Will Niblett, Team Leader, AIDS & Reproductive Health Team at Department for International Development (DFID)
- Ben Plumley, CEO, Pangaea Global AIDS
- Mitchell Warren, Executive Director, AVAC
- Heather Watts, MD, Senior Technical Advisor, The US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
We hope you will join us June 9 as we explore how investments in innovation for women’s sexual and reproductive health can help bring us closer to the end of AIDS. Please RSVP to attend in person, and follow us on Twitter at @IPMicrobicides and #Innovate4HIV as we live-tweet the event. See you there!